Saturday 4 February 2012

Beer Bash - Part One

This party was really what got me going on this blog. I loved planning every detail and had so much fun doing it. Let's start with the invites which I'm still in love with. The beer bash idea was brewing (pun intended) in my head months before Brandon's 25th. I needed the proper invitation, something that wasn't just the regular Facebook invite. Where do I always start when looking for something creative? Etsy of course! I couldn't find any beer themed invites that I really loved so I sent a custom request to Betsy at B. Nute Productions and my oh my did she come through with this perfect invite. Seriously, go take a peek at her shop - she has the best designs. Take a look at the invite - 

"Quarter Century Lager" (has quite a nice ring to it I must say) was also written on the custom cake. I took one of Brandon's favourite brews - Phillips Blue Buck - and ran with that design. The cake didn't only look amazing, it was delicious chocolate hazelnut made with modelling chocolate instead of funky tasting fondant. I got it made at Casa Del Pane in Newport Village, Port Moody. Here it is (not the best picture and I only wish you all could have a tasted it) -
 YUM!

Part two - including some decor details coming tomorrow.



Pin It

No comments: